I love Greg so much and am SO thankful that I have such an amazing husband. I never thought I could be this blessed. He treats me like a queen and always makes me feel loved. He is funny, creative, smart, thoughtful, forgiving, good lookin', and has a testimony and knowledge of the gospel that I wish I had. He is my best friend and I couldn't ask for more. This year has been the best and again, I am just so blessed to have him in my life! I love you boo!
Greg and I met when I had just turned 16 and got my first job as a bagger at harmons. Throughout the summer we didnt talk much at work. I thought it was because he didn't like me, turns out he was just shy. At the end of the summer we tied for first place in the "best bagger" competition-- how did I not know it was true love then??? Ya, at least we both have that embarassing memory. When school started we ended up having some classes together and thats when we really began to talk and be friends. That year was so much fun! Greg, Tom, Meagan, and I hung out alot usually in Greg's basement or skipping class and had many a inside joke. Then Greg graduated and the skipping class was left to only me.
We continued to hang out throughout my senior year. When I graduated and started college Greg was preparing to go on his mission. We still just hung out, but started to go on dates as well. We had movie nights, went to a Jack Johnson concert, he took me out while I had my broken elbows, and even went to a Johnny Lingo movie with some of his family members. I had so much fun. He left on his mission in February 2005, leaving me his Cat Stevens poster and an awesome necklace from his trip to hawaii (which was lost last summer, so bummed!) and we wrote throughout- just af friends. I remember when he was coming home I was so excited to hang out with Greg again.
When he got home we spent alot of time together and began dating the beginning of April. What? I was dating Greg?!? It was weird because we had been friends for so long. But when we started dating I knew that it was exactly who I needed to be with. It was so comfortable to be with my friend. I loved it. Dating only lasted a few months and we were engaged in the middle of June! Our dating and engagement only lasted a total of 6 months but it was perfect. It didn't need to be long because we had known each other for so long and the friendship and closeness were already there.
We were sealed together in the Manti temple on October 4th, 2007. This year has been the best of my life, I know that we were prepared to marry one another and am SOOO thankful for the Lord's timing. Greg blesses my life everyday and I am excited to grow old with him!
Well, again I apologize for such a long post. Here are some pictures of us. I have some from highschool but that was before I owned a digital camera, so these are just from the last year and a half!






5 comments:
Cute couple! I can't believe it's already been a year! Congrats.
Congrats Whit! Time flies. I miss you.
You guys are so cute! Isnt it funny how fast time flys by? We celebrated our one year on May 31st and it didnt seem like it had already been a year! But husbands are amazing, I will have to agree! Congrats!
Hapy Anniversary...tomorrow!! Hope you do something super fun! It only gets better from here!
ya ya ya you left me for that crazy one...ouch! hahah whit whit i lOVER YOU!
Post a Comment