Tuesday, October 7, 2008
A weekend away with a great husband!
This weekend was our anniversary. Greg was in charge of what we would do, and even though I tried to get it out of him, he wouldn't tell me anything. All I knew was that he asked for me to take Friday off work. So Friday came and we headed up to Park City for the night. Greg made reservations for a hotel and a weekend away. It was so much fun. Even though some plans were ruined due to the rain, we still were able to take a ski lift ride and see all the pretty fall colors. Fall is my favorite and this was perfect. We had dinner at this mexican resteraunt up there that we love, and of course made a stop at the rocky mountain chocolate factory for a carmel apple and chocolate covered pretzel. Mmm! It was so nice to just hang out and spend time with my hubby without worrying about work or anything else!

All week Greg has been wanting to give me my gift, and it has been really tempting believe you me! But, I wanted to wait until our anniversary. We made it to Friday and gave in. Greg was really excited and wanted to give me mine first. So, I closed my eyes and when I opened them he was holding out a small jewelry box. I didn't know what it was, but when I opened it I was shocked! Greg had made a replica of my Grandma's engagement ring! My grandma died when I was 17 and I wore her ring for years after that. It was simple and beautiful and I loved it. Then, last year after much debate I gave it to my sister for her 18th birthday. I was already engaged and felt I needed to pass it on. Greg knew how much I missed the ring and when I opened the box I just started crying. How incredibly thoughtful is he? He has been planning this for a while and I had no idea! So, after I stopped crying I gave him his present. I found a Donavon Frankenreiter vinyl album (for those who don't know Donavon you should check him out). Greg is starting to collect records so when I saw this I had to get it. Then came his big present...dun dun dun.. an Iphone. Well, actually a gift certificate to get an Iphone, which he cashed in quickly! He has been wanting one for a while and loves it. I must admit, I have been against them, but they are pretty cool! I thought my gift to him was cool, but he won first place in giving awesome anniversary gifts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
i remember that ring of your grandmas. that is so amazingly sweet that he did that for you! i'm impressed! happy aniversary!!
Awesome guys. Sounds like fun.
By the way, I tagged you!
How awesome is your husband!! That is so throughtful of him, and the ring is so pretty! I got a ring for our first anniv in May....and I loved it too. But it wasnt a replica of my grandmas.... :)
Post a Comment