Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Year, New Goals...

Alright, so Im not much into making new years resolutions..but..I do think it is time for me to set some new goals in my life. First, a quick recap on what I feel I have accomplished in 2008:
-Graduated college (although I am starting to miss the classroom).
-Fell even more in love with my husband.
-Grew closer to my Savior.
-Started working full time.
-Bought a house.
-Lost 15 lbs (only 13 more to go!)
-Started running (never thought I could get past a mile without getting fat kid pains- now thanks to my sister's encouragement, I am up to 3-4 daily).
-Became a morning person.
-Learned a little more about cooking.

Now what I hope to accomplish in 2009:
-Become more selfless by putting other's needs before my own.
-Read the sunday school and relief society lessons beforehand so that I can be more involved in the discussions and feel the spirit more throughout the week.
-Lose the 13 lbs I have left.
-Paint the rest of the rooms in our house. Sorry Greg, I guess this is your goal too :)
-Don't worry so much about the future and enjoy the time I have right now with Greg, my family, and friends.
-Give thanks.

I guess I am just realizing that I have alot I need to work on. Life is too short to not do the things you want to, or the things that may seem silly (running through the sprinklers, having a Dr. Mario competition, fingerpainting) spend time with the people you love, and give thanks for what you have, right? I am so incredibly blessed and I don't know why. But I do know that I need to see what I have and use it in a way to bless the lives of others. I am truly inspired by all the people around me that give so much of their time, energy, things to uplift those around them, raise children, comfort their grown-up children, help those who are in need, and support the church. I kow I need to be more like them.
Anyway, sorry to ramble on and on, Im just seeing alot of things that I need to improve in my life.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you should have added a 5k, 10k, or maybe a half marathon to those goals. ;)

Krystal Rose Webb said...

cutest post ever! i love you and miss you tons!