Wednesday, August 20, 2008

There is a 7 a.m. on saturday mornings?????


Thats right everyone, well at least everyone who doesn't have kids or have to work on Saturdays... there is in fact a 7 a.m. on the weekends! I know, I know, it was a shock to me too. After going to bed late on friday night due to a exciting evening at home (aka me looking through all of Greg's baby and growing up pictures, and Greg playing the computer) we had to get up extra early on Saturday to help paint the outside of my parents' house. I, sadly, was up extra early because I didn't feel well. So after laying in bed for a while I finally got up at 7:15 and started my day. We spent all morning and most of the afternoon painting the house. It was really really windy at first which was no fun, but it did cool it down and make me excited for the fall weather. We spent last saturday cleaning the house and scraping off old paint, so it was all ready to go. We worked with my dad and Courtney and actually had alot of fun, at least I did.
I couldn't believe how much work was involved in painting a house, man Im glad its over! I didn't take any pictures of the finished product.. but just imagine a new, freshly painted, 1970's rambler and you'll be good. The house went from old, peeling white paint, to a beautiful new brown.
After helping paint the house we got all cleaned up and went to the TNI summer party. We waited all night to win something, but sadly...nothing. We even sat through an hour of watching chinese acrobats.. oh well. We still had fun and go to hang out with Greg's friends from work.

The wind was not our friend while putting this plastic up, but at least it kept us cool.

The inside of our garage. I felt really safe seeing my dad and Greg stand on wobbly tables...


2 comments:

B&C said...

hahaha YES! that was a great great adventure!!! i like playing with you guys lets play this week please please!

Annalee said...

Glad it was you and not me!!

Although 7 AM on a Saturday would have been sleeping in!! ;)