As of last weekend we are moved out of our apartment. No more ants, no more smell, no more drug busts and arrests (which were probably on a 2-3 time a week basis), and no more broken dressers. I thought I would be really excited to move out.. and I was. But it was sad at the same time, to see the empty apartment and all of our stuff in boxes. I might even miss the place. And how am I going to sleep without hearing the neighbors fighting and babies crying?
The only problem is... our home isn't finished yet. So, we are currently living with Greg's parents. This is something I never thought, in fact, I vowed never to do..live with the parents. This isn't because I don't like mine or his, its just hard on both parties. But desperate times call for desperate measures and i am SO THANKFUL that Mike and Debbie offered to let us stay. We are blessed to have two sets of parents that would do anything for us. its just hard to not have a place of your own, I didn't think it would hit me but man it did this week.
We will hopefully (crossing my fingers) only be homeless for one month before our townhome is finis. We went down yesterday after an anxious call from the agent and electrician about where to put our hanging light in the kitchen, and got to see the beginnings of our home. It is framed right now, and they are working fast! In one week they have framed all 6 townhomes! It took a while to get started but now they are on a roll. ahh I am so excited!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Congrats on the new place, That is so exciting. I can't wait for that day.
I remember how sad I was to leave our first apartment. Not because I loved it, but because it had been our first "home" together.
I can't wait to see your new place!! So exciting!
love story for the playlist, sounds like a fair trade! I got Rachelle's shoe party thing but I'm going to be in PC with the Webb women. The men are in Alaska for the week on the "big hunt" as they like to call it. I'm so excited about your new place! I want to come see it soon! Tracie gets married on Friday so maybe I'll come down Saturday if you're not busy! I MISS YOUR FACE!!!
YAY! Post pics so we can see this fun new place
Post a Comment