Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A little bit of Life

wow, life has been crazy lately! My sister's wedding is coming soon (tomorrow) and this last month has been filled with bridal showers and last minute wedding stuff. Needless to say, Im ready for a nice relaxing weekend! I haven't posted anything in a while, because I haven't really had time, so here is a recap (in no particular order) of whats been going on in my life.....
1. My SIL Jessi's baby shower! She has got the CUTEST baby bump I have ever seen. The shower was tons of fun and of course had tons of yummy food made by my other sisters-in-law- many thanks to them for filling my belly and to Debbie (MIL) for letting us have it at her house. Jessi and "Baby Olsen" got so much cute stuff too!
2. This one isn't so exciting- After 4 years of battling pancreatic cancer, my best friend's mom passed away about a week and a half ago. Although everyone knew this was coming and happy she wouldn't be in pain anymore, it was still really hard. It was hard for me, I can't imagine what her family has gone through. She was amazingly happy and loving and she will truly be missed. Her and her family are such great examples to me of those on this earth that really understand God's plan for us. They have been amazing and I know they will be looked after.
3.Last Thursday my sisters, mom, friend, and I had a girls day in celebration of Courtney getting married. It was so fun, even though I was really sick the whole time. We got our toenails painted and then came to my house for lunch and scandalous presents. This is a pic of all our cute toenails. Mine are the blue and red paisley at the bottom. Clockwise it goes me, Risa, Court, Janna, and Mama.
Me, Court, Mama, Risa
Janna (Court's best friend), Me, Court, Risa
These are big things that have been going on in my life lately. Greg has finished his spring classes and was a real trooper- the day he had all of his finals he also took time off to go to the funeral and nurse me back to health, what a good husband! He is just happy to have this semester over with before he starts his math class this summer- yikes!




No comments: