Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What would you do with $1000???

If I had $1000 here are some ways I would spend it....

-Take a trip to Disneyland this summer with Greg, we have been wanting to do that for a while!
-Go on one MEGA shopping spree
-Buy a new camera
-Plan lots of fun little trips for the summer
-Save it for a new car
-Buy a new couch!!!
-put it away for our Boston trip this fall
-Go to the spa as many times as possible
-Hire a personal trainer to whip my butt into shape
-Fix our Subaru that has been acting up for a while

Well, instead of spending our money on some of these fun things, Greg and I got to spend it on a new clutch!!! Our truck had been acting funny for a few days, it had a really hard time shifting gears and it wouldn't accelerate as fast as it usually does. When we were driving up to SLC Friday morning to pick up a table it decided it did not want to go anymore. Once we hit the Lehi exit it just stopped accelerating all together and we were able to coast it into a transmission shop right off the freeway.
$1000 later we have a new clutch. I do feel VERY fortunate that we didn't have to put this big expense on a credit card, or even dip into our savings. But you can bet we won't be spending any money for a while! I guess all those fun things we could have done will have to wait!

No comments: