Tuesday, March 24, 2009

How I spent my spring break

Days off for spring and fall break, yet another thing I love about working at a university! Last week was spring break so I took Wednesday and Thursday off and had Friday off paid to enjoy some well deserved down time. On Wednesday I was able to spend time with Meagan and my mama and go running outside in the gorgeous weather, it was so nice! On Thursday I went up to SLC to visit Krystal, we had alot of fun! We ate at a little sandwich shop called "The Robbin's Nest" and it was sooo yummy! We went shopping (of course) at some cute little consignment stores and I didn't buy anything for myself, Im pretty proud of that!
On Friday Greg left me and went with Tom to hike Coyote Gulch (sp?) in southern Utah. Other than getting in a car accident and getting some wrong directions while hiking, they had a good time! I kept busy by painting our downstairs bathroom. It was hard to do because its so tiny, but I like the outcome! Looking through the mirror- its too tiny to get a picture of it all any other way!
This is one side of it, I really like the color! It is more brown than orange, this picture makes it look way orange.
Friday night I hung out with my old roomy Des and we got the most delicious ice cream cones from arctic circle. So delicious in fact that I went back again Saturday night to get another! Sometimes vanilla ice cream just hits the spot!
Saturday night Steph came over and we fingerpainted... dont judge. This is something we, with Krystal, decided to do a few years ago and it was really fun! So both of us were pretty bored that night and decided to do it again! Im just sad that Krystal wasn't there...
Steph painting a lovely outdoor scene

Her self portrait

My self portrait.. yes I am a white chick with brown arms...

Greg finally made it home very late Saturday night and we slept most of Sunday. He was exhausted, I was just lazy. I love lazy days! Anyway, it was a really nice break from everything and Im just a little sad I won't have another until fall!
Here are some pictures from the office with its new green paint job. I think it turned out nice!
You can totally see the light green stain.. oh well, thats what area rugs are for, right?


Yes, that is Tobias Funke on our screen...

5 comments:

Emily said...

I love that you are so bold with color choices! A woman after my own heart. I love color! Looks great, and who doesn't love a little green in the carpet. It just ties it all together, right??

Merilee said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the colors in your house. I wish that my husband would let me do something like that. He is so opinionated when it comes to decorating our house...it looks awesome!

Author said...

You are so brave with your paint. I dont have the guts to attempt anything like that. But I love it!! You did such a great job. And the green office is just smashing.

Jewls said...

Hey Whitney! I found your blog on Jennica's so I thought I'd check it out...
I love the color you painted your office walls! I love that green! It looks awesome! : ) Do you guys rent or own your house?

Krystal Rose Webb said...

love the artwork! you and steph can totally put your stuff in my gallery when I get rich! I really like your wall color choices too! I'm excited to come down and see it sometime! i had so much fun on Thursday, we definitely need to do it again soon!!!