As you all know, I hold a special place in my heart for good food. The fact that I love food is something that I have come to accept. Well this weekend was full of really good homemade food. In fact, I think this is the first weekend in months where we have not spent a dime on eating out. Last weekend the only thing we went out for was icecream, so we are getting much better! Anyway, on Friday night Court and Ben came over and made pizza with us. It turned out so good!!! I have a pic of their pepperoni pizzas, Mine and Gregs were covered with veggies :) We also played a card game called MilBourne (sp?). It was so much fun (other than Greg accusing me of cheating) and Court and I totally kicked pants.

On Saturday Greg decided he wanted to buy some shelves for our garage. Those of you who have seen our garage lately know that it was a disaster!! So, we made our way to walmart to pick up a few things and then on to Home Depot. Well, we ended up finding shelves at walmart for super cheap, and since we don't need anything fancy for our garage, we decided to pick them up there. They were so cheap in fact, that Greg convinced me we could also afford a BBQ. So what did we do? Came out of walmart with shelves, a charcoal BBQ, BBQ supplies, lotion (my big purchase), and some other random stuff. Nothing like spending alot of money at walmart! But that night we had probably the best hamburgers we have ever made, so it was well worth it! We also tried fried pickles. We have both heard they are really good, and since we haven't used the fryer in a while (Greg was still getting over the all-fried dinner he decided to try a couple months ago- gross!!) we decided to give them a shot. They turned out pretty good. Not something I would make regularly, but they were really easy so I don't feel cheated. Since the weather was so nice on Saturday we also pulled out the ping pong table I gave for Greg for Christmas and played a few games... he beat me every time...
On Sunday night after eating a delicious tuna casserole (consisting of what random stuff we had in our pantry and fridge) I wanted to make a lemon cake. Lemon Bundt cake ALWAYS reminds me of my grandma. She made it all the time and it was the best! I don't have her recipe, so I just used a box of lemon cake mix and Greg and I made up our own glaze. MMM... that Betty Crocker sure knows how to make a cake! It was really really yummy. Please forgive my grossness in the following picture, just enjoy the beautiful cake :)

Side-note #1: I just want to say that I have the most amazing husband. He deals with all my crap and puts up with me when I am acting like a total and complete lame-head. Thanks honey!
Side-note#2: If you remember Greg's dog poop post-here is an update. We haven't had any more dog poop dropped on our porch, but now that all the snow is melted it is literally covering all of the grass in front of our house! Seriously- clean up your dog's poo!!! its so gross. I got all excited when the snow was gone and we could see grass again, until I realized that now it is just covered by dog shiz. Sick.
Side-note #3: I went and saw "Hes just not that into you" last week-I liked it alot! I have read the book and both the book and the movie are pretty good. So if you are looking for ideas for a girls night, go check it out!
5 comments:
okay first of all I love how throughout your entire post I was serenaded by the hanson brothers singing "mmm bop"! What could be better than that? and second i miss you and i'm totally sad I couldn't go to the movie! we'll have to go to some other chick flick together!
Yummy food! I have come to the same realization...mine is much later in life than yours :). However, you are lucky to have a husband that will eat, or at least try anything. I would love to make random things...but alas I would be the only one eating it, and that would be bad...very, very bad! Sounds like you had a super fun weekend!
I think you should make some little signs that stick out of your grass that say, "Pick up after your dog or we'll throw your dog's business at your house!" Seriously, who lets their dog poop ALL over someone's yard like that?
Oh, and good job on the cookin' too! Ha ha!
know what I would do if there was dog poo everywhere? I would make a cute little sign that said "Please pick up your doggie's poop", and laminate it (just in case the dogs pee on it), and stick it in the grass with a popsicle stick! You should totally do it!!
oh my heck. Me and Erin totally think alike. I didn't even read her comment- I thought I was a genius for coming up with that sign solution. Dang it!
Post a Comment