Friday, June 7, 2013

Let them be little


Sometime during high school there was a popular country song titled "let them be little".  I always thought that it was a cute song, but now I feel like it is running through my head on a daily basis.  

I feel like Rees is growing up SO fast!  I absolutely love the stage he is in right now, so it makes me teary eye'd to think that he will move on so fast. He is learning so much and saying new words every day.  He has started to put two words together (dad bye-bye, dad shoes, please bite) and I am so impressed every day.  He is such an independent little boy and I know I only have so long before he doesn't need me or want me all the time.  

Here are some pictures from my phone.  I just wanted to catch these memories so I wouldn't forget this stage.  

Click here for the  lyrics to the song.  For all you mothers out there, it will probably make you cry, or maybe its just me who cries at everything.   

Eating French fries with the window down.  
He loves to wear his hat but insists on putting it on himself. 
Cold morning up the canyon.
Rees taking a selfie while I get ready for a  run.  I love finding these surprises on my phone. 
No caption needed.  
He wants to play in the dirt. All. The . Time.
Found a bus at Big Springs trail.  He about died he was so excited.
All boy.
And then there are these rare moments.  This boy never sits still and usually falls asleep on his own.  Ill take a snuggle any chance I can.  





1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that song too! And I know exactly how you feel. Thanks for the cute reminder to enjoy the little moments because they won't be little for long!