Monday, January 28, 2013

Confessions

- I just let Rees run around naked after his bath and I'm 89% sure he peed on my leg. But it could be from him splashing in the tub. I really don't know.
-last week I ate ritz crackers dipped in Nutella for lunch, twice.
- I walk around target 2 or 3 times a week just so Rees and I can get out of the house.
- we don't have a bath tub in our apartment and it kills me.
- the very last thing I have to do before bed is go to the bathroom
- I had to take a break from Facebook and Instagram for a while because my self esteem was plummeting. I had to stop comparing myself to everyone who is trying to make me think their life is imperfectly perfect. I think I might give it up altogether.
- I went to my house today to pick up some mail and had to look down at the floor most of the time. I've been okay so far but for some reason today I couldn't bare to see someone else's furniture there anymore. Don't worry, they weren't home so I didn't look like a freak.
- I've hired a babysitter just so I can have some 'me time' for a few hours each week. She is awesome and Rees has fun.
- I'm sitting here holding my sleeping baby and I don't want to get up. He doesn't stop moving during the day so these moments of quiet are so nice.
- I had no idea motherhood would be this hard/tiring/stressful/selfless/rewarding/spiritual/amazing/perfect.

3 comments:

Ms. Bree said...

Hey Whitney!

I totally understand about going to the store all the time just to get out of the house!

And I hear you on the FB thing... I've been thinking about giving it up too because it uses up a lot of my time and yes, doesn't do much for my self-esteem. I might need a friend to help keep me from logging on. :-P

Good for you for getting a babysitter and focusing on "me time" during your week. I need to follow your example.

SO glad you got to have a sweet moment with your sleeping baby. I LOVE those moments - wish they would last forever.

katie said...

ican soooo relate to all of thee above, especially about going to target to get out of the house. i do that a few times a week as well. they are probably thinking i am starting to live there. p.s. their popcorn is delicious.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your confessions! That made me wonder what my confessions are... 1-I didn't shower today and pretended that I did. 2-Ditto to your thoughts on motherhood. 3- I've also been having self esteem issues...

Would you like to skip Target one day and come play with me and Charlie?