1. I started school again. After a three year break I am back in the classroom! Because I work at UVU my tuition is covered, which is awesome! So, I am working on completing a 2nd bachelors degree in health education. For the past few years I have known that I wanted to go into education. I just didn't know if I would be in elementary, secondary, or higher education. I didn't know if I wanted to pursue another BS to be eligible to teach, or if I wanted to complete a masters and go into school counseling. I attempted the masters program three years in a row, but never made it through the application. I just couldn't, I never felt right about it. Starting another bachelors came about when I decided I wanted to take a biology class and maybe anatomy because it was free. Long story short, those few classes led to me declaring a major and a health education major seemed to fit perfectly. I feel so good about my decision. I think the masters will come eventually, but now wasn't my time. Right now I am enjoying my classes and trying to get back into the "must do homework every night" mentality.
2. Greg and I are planning a small trip this summer. Okay, maybe not so small..we are going to Europe! I was accepted to present at a conference in England in a few weeks. That is what started the trip, and it grew from there. During our trip we will visit Manchester, London, Paris, Rome, and Istanbul. Putting together a trip through 4 countries with 4 different languages is a lot of work! A trip of a lifetime right? I can't wait!
3. I ran my first 5k a few weeks ago, and I am signed up to run a 10k the end of July. Wish me luck!
4. Greg is still very busy with school and work. I don't know how he does it. I am stressed to the max this summer and I'm not taking as many classes as he is! He handles so much and I am thankful for him and his diligence and ambition.
5. On top of Europe I also have the following planned for this summer:
- Chicago (work, but Greg gets to come)
- Two more small work trips to Ephraim and Daniel's Summit
- Camping (at least once)
- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zero
- Summer fest!!!!
- The Speedy Spaniard
-Grandpa's 80th b-day celebration
So there we go, I feel much better now that everyone is up to speed on my life :)

No comments:
Post a Comment