
This is on the fourth floor of the ship, looking up. I loved it, I wish I had more pictures to show you just how great it was.
Out on the deck, in the cold! We both love being out on the deck when the boat leaves the dock. You get to see the tug boats and the pilot boat, its just fun for us. The only problem with Boston was that the wind was really strong and it was about 40 degrees, so our eyes were watering, my hair was a mess, and we lost feeling in our limbs. The only thing keeping me out there was knowing that I could curl up in a warm blanket and get a mug of hot chocolate when we got back inside!
This ship had so much fun stuff. There was a 9-hole mini golf course, rock climbing wall, three pools (the indoor one was the only one we dared to use), a waterslide, a movie theater, a live theater, yummy food, a spa, a gym, a casino, heated decks with comfy couches and hot chocolate, and some small cafes and bars.
Greg beat me at mini golf, I blame it on the ship moving and making my ball roll into the grass.
Our cabin was much bigger than our last cruise, even though it was an inside room. The room service was amazing. We would use a cup and then leave for 15 minutes. When we came back they had replaced the cup and displayed some sort of towel animal. I swear they were watching us and had memorized our schedule.
We took alot of naps, glorious glorious naps. We also ate pringles apparently...
We read alot, not something that I get to do that much anymore!
Our first stop was Portland, Maine. Oh.My.Goodness. Maine is absolutely beautiful. It is now on my list of places I want to live, and pretty high on the list I might add. The day in Portland was a big day for me and Greg. We both tried our first "lobstah". Now I have always been against seafood, the thought of eating it made me want to vomit (much like seeing a mouse, or eating lays potato chips). But, Greg prepared me this summer and I was ready to dig in! And you know what? I LOVED IT!!!! Lobster is now one of my favorite meals. We ate at this tiny little shack on the dock and it was so delicious. The meal came with bibs and all, not the fancy lobster dinner I was expecting, but I think it was even better!
We ordered lobster, crab cakes, and fried clams. our BIL Chris has alot of relatives in Maine and when they go to visit he always gets the fried clams. So, we decided to give them a shot. They were a little too rubbery for me, but Im glad I tried them! Throughout the trip I ate alot of seafood- clam chowder, scallops, shrimp, lobster (twice), muscles (gross!), crab, and fried clams. I was pretty proud of myself!
Unfortunately we were in Portland on a Sunday and most shops were closed. It was also the coldest day of our trip, it snowed that evening! We wanted to go see the Portland headlight or go to one of the Islands, but we were told that most were closed for the season. So, we wandered around and had our own tour of the city. Again, I loved it and want to go back!
Our next stop was Bar Harbor, Maine. Again-BEAUTIFUL!!! The weather was better here and Acadia National Forest looked so pretty! We could have paid about $70/person to go on a tour of the national park, but we are cheap and didn't want to spend that much money. Im really glad we didn't because apparently they couldn't make it all the way up the mountain because of snow, so we wouldn't have been able to see all of it anyway. This port was a little different because we didn't dock right by land. Instead, our boat was stopped out in a little cove and we rode the tender boats into land. I don't know why, but I loved doing that!
For our food adventure in Bar Harbor we tried blueberry soda. This was delicious. We stopped at a small pizza place called "grams" and were introduced to it. When Anna and Chris went to Maine last year I remember their boys talking about how much they loved blueberry soda, so we had to try it. We even managed to bring two bottles home safely for them.
I took this picture from the tender boat, isn't she a beaut?
We spent the day walking and shopping all over Bar Harbor. By the end of the day I wasn't even wearing my gloves or hat, the weather was great!
The coast guard were with us when we left Bar Harbor.
Watching the tender boats being loaded back onto the ship. I don't know why we love watching stuff like this.
There were so many little Islands with lighthouses. I really wish I could have gone to them, but they were pretty pricy.
I love him more than cake. Our last stop was Halifax, Nova Scotia. We were pretty excited to see Canada. I must say, we were a little let down. Halifax was a very industrial city and everything we wanted to see there was closed down. So we walked around for about 2 hours, purchased some maple syrup, and were back on the boat for lunch.
We ordered lobster, crab cakes, and fried clams. our BIL Chris has alot of relatives in Maine and when they go to visit he always gets the fried clams. So, we decided to give them a shot. They were a little too rubbery for me, but Im glad I tried them! Throughout the trip I ate alot of seafood- clam chowder, scallops, shrimp, lobster (twice), muscles (gross!), crab, and fried clams. I was pretty proud of myself!
Unfortunately we were in Portland on a Sunday and most shops were closed. It was also the coldest day of our trip, it snowed that evening! We wanted to go see the Portland headlight or go to one of the Islands, but we were told that most were closed for the season. So, we wandered around and had our own tour of the city. Again, I loved it and want to go back!
Our next stop was Bar Harbor, Maine. Again-BEAUTIFUL!!! The weather was better here and Acadia National Forest looked so pretty! We could have paid about $70/person to go on a tour of the national park, but we are cheap and didn't want to spend that much money. Im really glad we didn't because apparently they couldn't make it all the way up the mountain because of snow, so we wouldn't have been able to see all of it anyway. This port was a little different because we didn't dock right by land. Instead, our boat was stopped out in a little cove and we rode the tender boats into land. I don't know why, but I loved doing that!
For our food adventure in Bar Harbor we tried blueberry soda. This was delicious. We stopped at a small pizza place called "grams" and were introduced to it. When Anna and Chris went to Maine last year I remember their boys talking about how much they loved blueberry soda, so we had to try it. We even managed to bring two bottles home safely for them.
I took this picture from the tender boat, isn't she a beaut?
We spent the day walking and shopping all over Bar Harbor. By the end of the day I wasn't even wearing my gloves or hat, the weather was great!
The coast guard were with us when we left Bar Harbor.
Watching the tender boats being loaded back onto the ship. I don't know why we love watching stuff like this.
There were so many little Islands with lighthouses. I really wish I could have gone to them, but they were pretty pricy.
I love him more than cake. Our last stop was Halifax, Nova Scotia. We were pretty excited to see Canada. I must say, we were a little let down. Halifax was a very industrial city and everything we wanted to see there was closed down. So we walked around for about 2 hours, purchased some maple syrup, and were back on the boat for lunch. 



3 comments:
Sounds like a great trip. Good job on trying seafood. I've been trying seafood out here too. I have to admit, that I really like some.
Jealous with a capital J I must add. It looks like you had fun. I've always thought Maine would be on my top 3 places I'd like to live - glad to know I'm not the only one.
I love your Halifax faces! I think you and Greg should come to Boston with us :) What say ye?
Post a Comment