Monday, October 5, 2009

2 years down, a lifetime to go :)

Have you ever had one of those weekends that was actually relaxing? A weekend where you could spend time being lazy at home, shopping, taking a drive through the canyon, and spending time with your family? That was how this weekend was for me :) I appreciate them because lazy weekends are few and far between for Greg and me.
On Friday after work we drove the Alpine Loop. I think we chose the best day to go, it was beautiful and not as crowded as it can be on conference weekend. These pictures are actually from our drive up Provo canyon on Saturday on our way to Park City for lunch. Sorry they aren't so good, I was taking them while driving. Our anniversary was very low-key this year since we are leaving on our cruise in 10 days. It was my turn to plan the festivities. I put a bunch of ideas in a jar and had Greg pull one out. There were things like "go on a hike", "go to the aquarium", "have a Dr. Mario tournament", etc.. He decided on "lunch at Red Rock" and "Dr. Mario tournament". The food was very good, if you haven't gone there, you must! And he kicked my butt at Dr. Mario, like always. We spent the rest of the afternoon lounging around the house until he went to priesthood session and I went shopping with my sister and mom.

Sunday was our actual anniversary and we just took it easy and watched conference. We also made some darn good chicken noodle soup. Oh how I love this stuff! I love how it makes the house smell so good all day. It was perfect for a rainy, cold Sunday.
The finished product.
Greg getting everything ready for the soup
Mmm.. homemade noodles
The soup pot
Yesterday was my first time ever attempting to make bread. I do not have a bread maker, or even a mixer, so doing it all by hand was a little daunting at first. But I must say, they not only turned out beautiful, but pretty tasty! My parents and aunt Karen came over and enjoyed the food with us.


Two year anniversary picture, love you honey!

4 comments:

Annalee said...

Sounds like an absolutely perfect weekend!! :)

Happy [belated] Anniversary G & Whit! I can't believe it's been 2 years already! Love you guys!

Sarah said...

Jeremy and I love having Dr. Mario tournaments too. We haven't had one in quite a while though.

Krystal Rose Webb said...

so cute!!! happy anniversary btw. I can't believe it's been two whole years! remember how you're going on a cruise and i might happen to "accidentally" run into you! i want to go so bad.

Kendra said...

awesome!!! I am EXTREMELY impressed by all that "from scratch" stuff! Noah took me to Red Rock last year for Valentine's day at Greg's suggestion and it was FABULOUS! We were actually just talking about it the other day, needing to go back soon:) Sounds like you guys had a great weekend! Have fun on your cruise!!!