Friday, July 31, 2009
The Windy City
Last Saturday Greg and I were driving home from Salt Lake visiting my grandpa for his birthday. I had the itch to get out of town, I didn't know where I wanted to go, I just knew I wanted to go. So we kicked around some ideas like Vegas, St. George, LA, and Chicago. Chicago may seem random to some of you, but its where Greg served his mission and he has wanted to go back ever since. So, we went home, looked up flights, decided how much we could spend, planned our trip for the next day and the rest is history. We were on a plane first thing Sunday morning and spent 3 days in Chicago! It was so much fun. I loved just packing up and leaving for a few days. We spent all our time in downtown Chicago and saw as much as we could. We also ate as much as we could! This was completely out of the blue but I am so happy that Greg and I went. Now I just can't wait to go back again!
Some things I learned while in Chicago:
1. You can live off only pizza and hotdogs for 3 days.
2. A short walking distance in Utah is a few blocks, a short walking distance in Chicago is a few miles.
3. Cars honk their horn way more out there, and no one gives them the finger when they do.
4. Dancing on a corner wearing a green leopard print body suit can be a full-time job.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
oh, i didn't think you guys saw me dancing!!! wasn't I great?
hahahaha this made me laugh, cause everyone DOES honk, non-stop & you find those certain people who you are not sure if they are for reals or not. Oh Chicago! We all need to go together :)!
Post a Comment