Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Our Summer So Far

I haven't been very good at blogging lately, so here is one big blog throw up of our latest adventures- some come with pictures, some don't.

Our summer has been pretty mellow. With working full time, Greg going to school, and all the rain we haven't really done much. We did go play tennis for the first time this year and are very excited to get back into it. I also found a really nice running trail in Spanish Fork and started a running group with some girls in my ward, its been fun so far. Greg has been playing more golf this year and is enjoying himself.

We have a new niece! Skylar June Olsen was born on June 29th and she is (as Greg would put it) "so stinkin' cute!" She really is. I didn't take any pictures, but we went up and visited her, Matt, and Jessi at the hospital last night and she was adorable. Very awake and curious. Getting completely lost coming in and out of the hospital made for a great adventure as well. At least we had Matt to come find us. Get feeling better soon Jess!

I am re-painting my dresser/nightstand/headboard/wall for the second time. I decided I didn't like it as much as I thought I would, so Im starting over! So far its turned out really well, I'll post pictures when Im done.

As some of you know, for the past year I have been working out of a hallway on campus. They have been doing construction in our old offices and we were lovingly sent to a hallway with cubicles. Well about three weeks before we were supposed to move into our new offices they decided to take our cubicles and just leave us in a hallway with mismatched desks and all our stuff in boxes. Frustrating!!! But we did it knowing that soon we would have our own beautiful offices.
This is my desk in the middle of the hallway. The boxes used as filing drawers are nice eh?Getting things moved out of our cubicles so they can take them away
But we have moved into our new offices now and they are really nice!

My office. One that actually locks and has real drawers.

The beautiful but not too functional conference room in the middle of our offices.

We also went to Bear Lake a few weeks ago for the Mike Olsen family reunion. It was alot of fun! It felt like winter so we werent able to go boating or play at the beach, but we did play alot of games and ate really good food! I even discovered something new about myself- I kick pants at wii shuffleboard- retirement here I come!
Greg and Mason with their foam visors- and inside joke in the Olsen family.

Oh ya, I kick pants at the farming game too. Greg, he didn't do so well.

Most of the adults.

No Anna and I didn't plan this.

Some of the kids making their awesome visors. If only we could have worn them to the lake :)

Greg, Mason, Cam, and me eating some of the best pizza ever! Mmm.. I want some now.

Greetings from Bear Lake.

We have also been making some pretty yummy food lately. Okay I can't lie, these pictures were taken about a month ago, I just haven't had time to post. Lately its been hot dogs and cold cereal. I have been getting really sick lately and we both have been so busy so I have only been able to dream about eating good home made food the last few weeks. Anyway, here are some of the things I have been dreaming about...

These were delicious, and so easy! The pineapple and tomatoes on there were so good!

We got this idea from Mike and Debbie. Instead of adding even more carbs and unhealthyness to our chicken parmigana (sp?), we used fresh zucchinni and it tasted so much better!

Home-made granola bars! So yummy and so cheap :)

And of course, fresh salsa. This is my treat since Greg doesn't like it too much. Oh but I think it is glorious and pretty healthy too!
Well, thats what has been happening in our lives lately. I promise I will start posting more! Have a happy 4th of July!

2 comments:

Krystal Rose Webb said...

That was such a fun post! I feel like we're kind of caught up :) Love the new office, you're so official! and I have decided that you need to teach me how to make your homemade pizza, you posted about it a while ago and it looked delicious! Love your face!

Hali said...

Darling Whitney! I'm so glad (and very jealous) you're in a REAL office here on the 4th floor. It's so fun to see you daily, again :).

You're adorable.

PS... we have the same blog background. Great minds, right?