While I am sure some of you think this is going to be an ode to my beautiful wife Whitney – it is, in actuality, an ode to one of the greatest Ballad-Rock bands ever.
Journey!
Ode to Tight Pants
Rat-tail, tap tease, Aqua net cans and tight dungarees
Man-staches and weird rashes, rockin’ south Detroit style
Born and raised on his saintly voice I would take you anywhere .
Lovin a music band ain’t always what it’s supposed to be.
Laughin, mocking, secretly rocking, others may say
‘Your time is gone’. But right down the line it’s been you and me
How they want to be there in that city. Through space and time,
Lovin a music band ain’t always what it’s supposed to be.
Givin anything to play that tape just one more time,
Watching the reels go round and round, I can’t take this very much longer.
Your lyrical ballads keep me believin’, believin’
That in some smoky room my small town girl’s waitin’ in the night.
Lovin a music band ain’t always what it’s supposed to be.
Some will whine, some will schmooze, others will claim to sing the blues
They will be searchin’ in the nights, lookin for that fond devotion
When the lights go down in my heart I feel the joy of rediscovering you
I’m forever yours – Faithfully
~Greg Olsen
For those of you who have not rediscovered the joy that is Journey, dont stop believin' in good ol' fashioned rock music. Plus they are the best lookin son of a guns since Kansas! [Pictured below, and yes, that is an eye patch!]

2 comments:
LOVE Journey, but yeah, perfect example of "Video Killed the Radio Star": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQbZRMLKozk. The guy on the right at 1:10: Creeper? No, an actual member of the band.
greg, your such a romantic...whitney is so lucky to have such a husband who also doubles as a great photographer!
Post a Comment