Friday, September 12, 2008

oh the good ol' days

I got in my car today to run some errands for work, and as I was flipping through the radio stations I heard a familiar song. As Salt and Peppa sang "Shoop shooop eh doop shoop eh doop eh doop eh doop" through my speakers I was brought back to my childhood and memories of roller skating at classic skating. Visions of the neon lights, bright colored roller blades, and snack bars flooded into my mind. The snowball skate, girl's choice, rushing to request your favorite song to skate to (which I remember Spencer constantly requesting this one) and the wipeout song all came rushing back.
So, I had to blare the music and sing along all the while wondering how my parents ever let me step foot in classic skating-- talk about disgusting! But, it was a big part of my childhood-- I even remember choosing more than one time to have my birthday party there.
Another blast from the past came the other day when Greg sent me a link to play Oregon Trail online. So we sat down that night and played while dinner cooked. It wasn't quite the same as playing in our "computer trailer" at scera park and having the black screen, green letters, and a floppy disk, but it was still great! And, I did learn that if Greg and I ever had to cross the plains-- Im sticking with buying alot of food and not letting him convince me that with all the ammo he will buy he can hunt and feed us like kings. Lets just say we pretty much starved and he wouldn't let me rest to recover all the illnesses I got.
So, to all of you had a childhood filled with classic skating and oregon trail, I hope this brought back pleasant memories as well.

2 comments:

Annalee said...

Ahh...classic skating...but what are these "rollerblades" you speak of?? In my day, there were no roller blades!! The skates were brown with orange wheels!!!

I LOVED Oregon Trail!! I want to play!

HayLee said...

Haha. That is so funny. I totally have those same memories. I love Salt N Pepper. Oregon Trail is the best!