Monday, September 8, 2008

We are in!


Okay I really wish I had some picture of our new digs...but I don't. I have taken a few but haven't loaded them to the computer. To tell you the truth.. Im not even really sure where the camera is right now, it was a struggle to even find my laptop before work this morning. Needless to say.. there is alot going on in our new home!


We signed on Wednesday and officially became thousands and thousands of dollars in debt. But it is worth it because I have a place where I can paint the walls if I want to or put holes in them! We began the move on Wednesday and finally moved the last of our things in on Sunday night. Now everything is there, but all in boxes in the spare room.


Painting came first. I was really worried because I wanted to do something bold but not too crazy. I always stick to greens and browns and I wanted to move away from that. So we decided on a mustard yellow for our main floor. This turned out SOOO cute! Especially with the white trim- it looks so clean and welcoming! Big thanks to Mike and Debbie for the help! Then we painted one wall in our bedroom. I went a little more bold and painted it an apricot color. I love it! I also bought a turqoise bookshelf and some lighter turqoise sheets. Both these colors are in our quilt and really bring the whole room together. Im excited to find more things to bring into our room because right now it looks pretty empty.


So far we have put together our kitchen, bathroom, and closet. This is all we need to survive. We are tempted to just keep all the other boxes locked up--- I really don't want to go through them!


Greg has been amazing (in case you don't know... I have one amazing husband) and put together our new entertainment center, our table, painted, moved the bed a few times until I found just the right spot, put some shelves in our bathroom, and hasn't complained when I spent more than expected on new towels, shower curtain, etc... I think I'll keep him around :)


I would invite you all over, but we currently have no where to sit other than the bed, and that could be a little awkward. We are awaiting our couches which should have been here 4 weeks ago but won't be coming until the beginning of October. Just don't get me started with that situation!


I will post more pictures when I find my camera. We are just so happy to have a place of our own!

6 comments:

Emily said...

Yeah! I wish I would have know, we so would have helped move in. I am excited for you guys. It's great to have a place to call your own!

Aaron and Megan said...

That is so exciting. I bet the paint looks way cute!

o-town said...

i'm so excited for you guys and can't wait to see it all decked out!!! have fun unpacking...

Annalee said...

How exciting! I can't wait to see it!

Merilee said...

Sounds like fun! We missed you on Sunday, I only have Greg's #...sorry! Nothing like the smell and look of a BRAND NEW HOUSE!!! Enjoy!

Jeff and Ari said...

Welcome to Spanish!!