Monday, March 5, 2012

When I know who I am...

"When I know who I am, I can do anything He asks me to do"
Susan W. Tanner


Ain't that the truth?

Life has been incredibly scary lately. I mean, I'm about to have a baby and its a little terrifying for a few reasons...

1. I have to get him out of me...the pain...oh the pain..
2. I have to prove that I can take care of another human being. He is going to be completely dependent on Greg and I, can I do this? I don't worry about Greg's capability, I have a feeling Rees will love him.

And the most terrifying thing of all...

3. My heart is about to explode with love for this little man, and I haven't even officially met him yet. What happens when I see him, and realize that I never want him to be hurt or sad or afraid and then realize that I won't be there to protect him from every little thing? I am terrified to become even more vulnerable and yet I am equally excited to feel such love for my son. I'm scared I might start crying the moment I see him and just never stop.

I guess I have just felt very inadequate lately. I look at all of the amazing women out there and wonder if I am going to be anywhere near that good as a mom. But then, I read this quote. I realized that I know Heavenly Father has put his trust in me. I know that this is what I am supposed to do and what I was made to do.

And when I know my purpose, the scary things seem much more possible.

24 more days!!!!!

2 comments:

katie said...

You are so close to holding your little baby in your arms. It is beyond words amazing how much more you will fall in love with him. So excited for you and Greg.

HayLee said...

you took the words right out of my mouth. I am feeling the exact same way. 5 weeks left for me :)