Wednesday, January 18, 2012

2012 So Far

The Olsen house has been plenty busy this month....


Our sink broke. This may seem insignificant but it was big stress to me every time the kitchen got completely sprayed with water. Moen is awesome though and sent us all new replacement parts for free! Thanks to them and a handy husband we (Greg) had it fixed in no time. Here is a sneak peak at Rees's room. The paint looks really blue here but there isn't any blue in it at all. The crib and dresser are up and decorating will begin soon.

Nesting is in FULL swing. After cleaning out Rees's room to make way for all his stuff, we realized that the whole house needed a facelift. So I went through every closet, got rid of TONS of junk, and organized the rest. Man, its amazing how much crap we have! It totally makes sense to have al camping gear, extra linens and towels, and our one piece of luggage stored together inside the spare bathroom closet, right?? I think so.

I think Greg is getting sick of my constant need to clean and organize. Especially since I am incapable of moving or reaching alot of our stuff so I enlist his help alot.


Greg turned 27!!


Doesn't he look thrilled??


He spent the whole day at work and school so our celebrating was limited.


Eat your hearts out Olsens, this is as creative as I get when it comes to birthday cakes.


Greg's birthday presents. Yes, he finally got the clapper he has been requesting, some scuba money, and a well written card from yours truly.


I am continuing to grow at an alarming rate.


This is at 28 weeks.


Nights are uncomfortable, I itch, I ache, and my nose is always stuffy. Pregnancy is a beautiful thing, friends.


But really, I love feeling him kick inside of me, I love being with him all.the.time. I love being a mama.




In other news:

- work is insanely busy. I only have one weekend off before the baby comes. This should make it all go by fast

-speaking of baby, I feel so behind. I have done nothing to prepare for labor, or childbirth, or raising a child! I don't know anything.

- Greg has started yet another semester. Busy busy busy!

- speaking of Greg.. I can't wait to see him as a father. Seriously, can that be more attractive??? He is already a great dad.

- as mentioned earlier, I ache. Man, I didn't know I would ache so much! My back hurts, my hips hurt, and my stomach is constantly tender. I am getting more and more anxious to have this child.

- I hit the 30 week mark tomorrow. Holy #*@! this is real.


That is all.

6 comments:

katie said...

You are such a cute pregnant mama!

Aubrie & Landen said...

I think my favorite thing about this entire post is your wonderful expletive at the end...made me smile! And you're so beautiful pregnant!!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Whitney! Loooong time huh? you look so super cute pregnant! And I can't believe that you are further along than you thought- you mentioned that in another post- that is really the best news ever. lol I wish my dr would say that to me! You are going to be such a great Mommy! We need to get together before we both pop for a craft night or something!! Like the good old days :)

Annalee said...

You look so cute Whit!!

The aching back was probably one of the hardest things about being pregnant for me: even harder than puking for 9 months! It is misery. But awesome at the same time!

Annalee said...

You look so cute Whit!!

The aching back was probably one of the hardest things about being pregnant for me: even harder than puking for 9 months! It is misery. But awesome at the same time!

B&C said...

YAY baby!!! Love you sister