Thursday, August 12, 2010

Home Making


I'm a genius and uploaded these photos backwards, so I'll start with the latest. Greg bought me this hoodie, I am suddenly very excited for the cold weather :)
I spent the weekend learning how to make yummy foods that seem to be staples in both of our families. First, this is a bouquet my mom made me on Sunday. Every Sunday during the spring and summer she will make a fresh flower bouquet from her garden to put on the table for Sunday dinner. She was so sweet and made me one too! I wish I had her skills. And her Garden.
Sunday I learned how to make my mom's, or I guess my great-grandma's delicious zucchini bread. Holy cow, this brings me back to my childhood, it is sooo good! It seemed like once the garden was producing zucchini we had this bread around all the time. She even gave me some of my grandma's bread pans.
Greg's mom showed us how to make her awesome raspberry jam. This stuff is better than any store bought jam, and a lot cheaper! She was so nice to take the time to show us how to do this, we have been eating it up all week!

I feel very domestic, very homey. I love it :)

1 comment:

Krystal Rose Webb said...

You're just like martha! Martha Stewart that is. Now you should come do all of that stuff here with me in the cleve! Good idea, I know.