This post is a few weeks late, but it has been one year since we moved into our house! We moved in over Labor day last year, I can't believe it has been that long. I still feel like we have only been here a month.
In the last year we have....

Made 1,236,938 trips to Home Depot and 1 to Lowes...

Moved furniture up and down the stairs and then back up again (repeat several times)...

clean, clean, clean

Took a risk by painting our main floor yellow.. success!

Took another risk by painting an orange accent wall in our room.. and painted over it a few months later.

Had our first anniversary (Oct.) and second Christmas together :)

Celebrated birthdays with family and pinatas

One bathroom down, two to go

Learned that painting at midnight might be a bad choice BUT a rug doctor really does take out a gallon of green paint!

Fought for our couches that were 3 months late! By the way, anyone want some slighty used couches?

And after a year, the downstairs is finally decorated how we like it!
I am not showing a picture of the bedroom, it is still semi-decorated and will stay that way until we have the funds to finish.
I am happy to be where we are and feel very blessed to own a home. We may spend all of our extra fundage on decorating, cleaning, and upgrading it, but it is well worth it to have a place of our own. Heres to many (until we grow out of it) more years in our first place :)
4 comments:
How much you selling those slightly used couches for? I might be interested. :)
we might be interested too, let me know. Your house is adorable, Ahh I am still dreaming. Hopefully soon.
you decorated that room so cute..BTW what color of paint is that yellow and where did you get it? I want to paint my office yellow and I really like that color.
Congrats! :) I love your house, it's got that great homey feeling!!
Post a Comment